Sunday, July 26, 2009

Results of Rockamania - Men Novice (Open)



Hello ppl!

What a day, waking up so early on a Sunday! Luckily my reporting time is 1300hrs.

Anyway, attached above is the qualifying results, congrats to Gabriel and Joshua for going into the finals next Sunday. It wasn't without controversy though.

I made an appeal to the organisers regarding some lapses in the vetting of the competitors eligibility. Some of the names that were pushed into the intermediate category have more than 1 yr climbing experience. Especially those currently now in Secondary 3 and 4. As such, my appeal was successful.

To those who did not fare so well, take it easy. It is not easy handling your emotional, physical and mental state, and it is hard to perform at your optimal level. I'm sure you would have done better if it was just another climb at Climb Asia.

Even for myself, I was so nervous I felt pumped even before I started climbing!

Nonetheless, hurray for Gabriel and Joshua. Do us proud next Sunday. I'll try to do you guys proud too. I'm tied at 3rd place in the Men's Open Category.

Have a nice week of school ahead :)
Coach Ben

7 comments:

Yihan Nee said...

Good job guys!

Mason said...

Nice one larh guys, doing us proud at such an early stage. You go guys!(: RAWRRRRRR! Hahahas nice one too Ben, do SAJC, your girlfriend and yourself proud! (: I will be at home rooting for you guys! xD I should have joined! LOL slightly above one year of experience only.

Unknown said...

haha, Gabriels have the ability to leave a mark in sajc history :)

Moses said...

Yea, one already left the biggest pong.

Junhui said...

moses getting funnier. should join nick ng and yihan in h3 humour.

Moses said...

h3 too lousy dude

Anyway, as K said, humour is a device :D

Unknown said...

wow! ahh!! GABRIEL!! im so in love with the mark you made! can you give me an autograph on my biceps?

XOXO,
your biggest fan